Second Life of Heritage Collections | BAAC Conference
from: WED 11 / 10 / 2017
to: FRI 13 / 10 / 2017
Speakers will explore and share experiences regarding a variety of projects, including the challenges they presented. The aim is to learn about and discuss such topics as: reuse, reconstruction, dissemination, online projects, IPR issues, film productions, artistic inspiration etc. The variety of ideas, examples and experiences will show our full potential in audiovisual archiving.
The following topics are offered as starting points:
– reusing archives in historical, feature and documentary films,
– reconstruction of historical film and sound materials,
– online projects giving second life to heritage collections,
– artistic inspirations from historical audiovisual materials,
– unique collections, interesting topics, various formats of audiovisual content,
– digitization and digital reconstruction strategies,
– IPR issues,
– educational value of historical archives.
Polish National Film Archive – Audiovisual Institute, Baltic Audiovisual Archival Council
Programme comittee: Zane Grosa (National Library of Latvia), Maria Mang (Estonian Film Museum), Juozas Markauskas (Dizi, Lithuania), Annika Räim (Estonian Art Museum), Filip Kwiatek (Polish National Film Archive – Audiovisual Institute).
The conference will be held in English.
To register, fill out this online form.